Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lost in Translation

So~ the kids started French school this week. Emory, Stella and Addie all have wonderful teachers (Madame Claire, Madame Annick, and Madame Mory). The entire experience has been a little bit of stress, and a little bit of fun, and a little bit of learning. This morning I asked Addie if I could have a look at her homework. She brought several workbooks to me. She had no idea what to do to complete her homework as neither of us can read a word of it. So I went to my translation friend, 'babelfish', and asked for a little help. Viola! this is what it came up with...

"the couch it mixes I collect it cry I find the shower an ear the butterfly the witch brings mashed potatoes to the motorcyclist a cow jumps in the swimming pool. mom telephones has a friend. the imp has badly with the back it rests on the couch".

Ugh, it's going to be a tough road ahead!

No comments: