Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Little Sumpin, Sumpin

The monthly Arleigh update has been on hold, cause,
this little guy has had a little sumpin, sumpin,...
like a nasty, ugly, dreadful, miserable, run of the mill,
whatever's goin' around,
everyday cold.

It's so sad to have a sick baby.
Of course, it's just a cold.
It's still miserable.
I'm not much of a betting gal but, I'd gamble the farm to say his little nose can run faster than a Russian race horse.
On more than one occasion in the last 2 weeks, when I was picking up the sticky people from school, Arleigh would be hanging out on my front in the Bjorn baby carrier. Another mother would inevitably approach me and say "uh, he has a little sumpin on his uh, face there"
Nice. So as if my rear wasn't padded enough, it's now got extra cushioning in the form of two packs of tissues. Poor guy. Colds always seem to last too long- no matter how old you are.

Although this virus hasn't stopped handsome from
finding his way to some playtime.
So, I figured, I might as well take a few
shots and call it a wrap on 7 months.

No doubt, he'll continue to flash that warm smile,
and we'll continue to happily gleam back.
Even if it is at the end of a box of Kleenex
and a bottle of infant Tylenol.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aaron & Hollie said...

I can't believe how much he looks like Stella....maybe it's just a phase, but I see the 'Stella smirk' in him. Too cute...

Julia said...

Too bad Arleigh is only 7 months old. I think that's just a tad bit too young to enjoy a well crafted snot-rocket!