Friday, October 16, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are

I've loved this book by Maurice Sendak, from the first time I picked it up. The drawings, the story, are vague and dramatic. An endless mix of emotion and wonder. Real creativity dripping right from the cover. So a film eh? (directed by Spike Jones) I'm intrigued. It won't be in theatres here until mid January at best. Rating- PG,..Hmmmm. That's still a questionable rating for our own 'wild things'. So I ask you, to do me a huge favor. If you happen to see this movie, would you post a comment below on your thoughts? Good adventure for kids ?"Let the wild rumpus start!"? Stay home, skip it, and dream on? Fab trip to the theatre? Please do tell! Thanks! In the meantime, we'll continue to enjoy the story book. After all, "inside all of us is hope."

4 comments:

Shellie said...

Did you guys end up seeing the movie? I was excited too, but my friends ALL said it was no good for the kids. Also that other than Max, it is nothing like the story. Bummer. Haven't seen it yet myself.

mph0172@gmail.com said...

thanks for the comment Shellie! We haven't seen it because it won't be released here until Jan. You've definitely lent caution to our consideration though! Thanks!

Mary Jo Hoyt said...

Logan saw it with his two friends. Logan is 4, Dylan is 5 and Cole is 4. They loved it. They went to the park right after seeing the movie and played where the wild things are for hours. They were very tired afterwards. No problems with nightmares or anything. Someone else took them to see the movie, so I dont know if it is like the book or not. But it was entertaining for the boys!

mph0172@gmail.com said...

Thanks MJ! it's coming here soon,..we're going to have to decide if we'll go see it, or hold off awhile. I really appreciate the comments!