Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Concert

The kids had a violin recital today.
I had the honor of being the primary photographer for the event.
Matt had the task of dealing with Arleigh, who was not the least bit cooperative.
So really, we actually took in very little from the event.
I hope there are more concerts to come, and at those we can sit back and enjoy.
Simply be proud.
Instead, today, we were all very very busy.


Low light and moving objects don't always agree with the camera and lens.
When she asked me to take photos,
I had actually warned off the instructor explaining that my lens and camera are limited in low light.
Though the group seemed desperate and they asked me to take photos anyway.
These are a few from the initial download. I'm anxious to review them and see what came of it all.
In the meantime, I wish I'd have had the chance to take more of my own kiddos.

Emory did a fabulous job on stage.
He happens to be the youngest of the group and he's really doing well.
That's him on the far left :)


We'll post video of the kids playing soon.
It's really amazing how far they've come in just a few months;
from not knowing how to even handle a violin,
to playing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on their own.

And as for the Suzuki Method. It's in a standard all its own.
Again, many thanks to Brad and Aunt Karen for the recommendation and advice.
We have a long way to go, but in the meantime,
I'm really enjoying playing the violin with the kids.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shellie said...

That is so neat Mandy. I can't believe you have ALL the kids (well, minus littlest man) playing the violin! I am about to start Parker on piano. She's lazy so we'll see how it goes. BTW, your pics are great, as usual. You are your worst critic!

mph0172@gmail.com said...

That's sweet Shellie. the Suzuki method is a committment, but I think it's good for all of us. Good luck to Parker pounding it out on the piano! Go Girl!