Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thank Goodness for Sisters

and sock books.

So, recent Valentine's post on socks stirred some chat.
Suggestions for resolving the sock issue were productive and I think streamlining our socks into
only one or two versions makes a lot of sense.

(Let me pause for just a moment to ask again,...'how did I end up here?' From productive pharmacist, curing diease and illness, to stay at home mom, stuck in a foreign country, blogging about lone socks? Hmmmm.... it gives pause eh?
Before I fall into identity crisis, I say 'I digress'. )

But what to do with the singles that are still 'desperately seeking a mate'?
Answer? > Sister (a.k.a. Aunt Betsy). Supporting her country and military family abroad,
sent a couple of books to keep us all from despair.
"Stray Sock Sewing", ( I know! Who knew?)
both books are chalked full of ideas and plans to create with our very lonely strays and loving offspring.
Thanks again Bets.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Fat Pilot said...

Can't wait to see your creations! :-) My mom makes sock monkeys and they are awesome!

mandy said...

yeah- we're looking forward to it! I just need 36 hours in a day right now...hopefully we'll get a few of those made soon