Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

6:45am Wake up call via unmistakable movement on my bed.. Eyes hesitantly peered open to find children jumping, crawling, and clamoring into premier Mother's Day gift giving position.
6:46am - Alerted that Mother's Day gifts cannot wait a moment longer. They must be unwrapped immediately. (as if I didn't notice what those were as I carried those same gifts home from school yesterday)
The pillow beckons me, but somehow, I manage a smile and enthusiastic "Oh! Wooooow! How nice!"

6:50am- Stinky diaper joins the crowd of onlookers over my pillow.
This is not a welcome scent in the morning.

7:00am - Breakfast in bed arrives, along with an audience.
"Mom are you gonna eat that?"
"Mommy, can I have some?"

I offered to share with them before their drool dropped onto my plate.
"Would you like some?"  as I picked up a bite of egg and a little green pepper.
A wrinkled little face peered back at me. "Ewww, I wanna bite, but not with green stuff."

7:10am -realization set in,...breakfast in bed is apparently meant to be a family affair on Mother's Day


7:15am -Acceptance that this wouldn't be Mother's Day without the audience anyway.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em right?



Beautiful little creations,..just darling aren't they?
Say yes, because this is what I had to urgently wake up for this morning.

Oh- wait.
  Then,
later, I thought it would be lovely to have a photo with the kids....
Wrong.
Well, it would be lovely. But just wasn't our day I suppose.
This is as close as we could get. For now, I'll take it.
Happy Mother's Day Everyone!


4 comments:

jamie said...

Were you describing YOUR day, or mine? Seriously, deja vu. And the last picture is... hilarious!

Mandy said...

Happy Mother's Day Jamie!
an ah-hem, "hilarious"...not quite. We could really use you around here! Miss you! Hope you're feeling well.

Fat Pilot said...

hehehe....finally a picture that depicts how it REALLY is in the Hill home! hehehe Momis the miracle worker who keeps it all together. You're amazing woman! Happy Mothers Day! Funny how most Moms I know only want a peaceful day ALONE. Makes me feel less guilty :-) Lovely presents.

Julia said...

Mandy -
I am printing this out and hanging it on the wall! This picture is too hilarious to just sit on your blog site. I can't stop laughing at it. Thanks for the laugh....how is the eye?!
But most importantly, Happy Mother's Day to you.