Monday, August 2, 2010

House for Sale by Great Family!

While we were back home, visiting family, I was asked to take some photos for my sister-in-law's family.
There was considerable coordination for this. Coordinating outfits, coordinating who, coordinating where, what, but coordinating when seemed most troublesome. When to squeeze in the photos among pool time, visiting family, picking cherries, chasing fireflies, and playing. Time was crunched, but I wanted to help out and take the photos for them. It looked initially, as if it might not even happen with concerns for illness, weather, and whatnot. I'm so glad it worked out.

So here's the story. The house is up for sale, and they have purchased land where they hope to build a new home across town, closer to church and other activities. Here's a plug- if you're looking for a home in Erie, this one is pretty darn nice!

For sale by a pretty darn nice family too!
 (and I'm not just saying that because we're related,
or because I took their photos.)
So for fun, in the midst of a house for sale and hopes set upon a new place, I asked if we could drop by the new pad for a little "groundbreaking ceremony". The kids cut a ribbon in honor of the occasion. I hope one day, from the kitchen of that new home, they can browse through an album and note how young the kids were when the foundation was being laid.
Then we took to the beach. Presque Isle that is.
The kids played a bit and I tried not to fall in the water with camera in hand.

We left the beach 90 minutes later all sandy, wet, and tired. I swear, the messier I am after I shoot photos, the happier I seem to be with the results!?!

I thought Christy did a great job selecting colors and outfits for the photos.
The bright colors are so fun for summer don't you think?


A few photos for the girls,
and the boys...

I hope they like these.
I always have a good time taking photos. It's great photography practice for me too.
I chose this "family" photo for black and white though because
there are no 'ifs, ands, or buts" about it.
No grey area here.
Simply put, a wonderful part of our family.
Thanks guys for a fun shoot. 

1 comment:

Fat Pilot said...

Mandy, you are so gifted. In so many ways.