Thursday, August 19, 2010

Sunflower fields

Tuscan sunflower fields are gorgeous, and abundant.
It's not a wonder why they are such an inspiration for Italian artists.
Forever when I see a sunflower, I will now think of my dear husband.
~Why you ask?
He was willing to back track over Italy, pay several Euro in road tolls, so that I could jump out of the car at a gas station to photograph sunflowers, of all things.

I love that when I said I’d like to find one, nice, Italian, ceramic, piece to take home as a vacation memento, he set to work searching with me. This meant one entertaining the kids in rain while one pilfered, perused, and bargained, completely lacking Italian language skills.

Most of all, I love that he's a great father.
Willing to change a poopy schmoopy diaper at 7,000 feet in the mountains.
What can I say?
It’s the little things that mean so much.
Thanks for a fantastic vacation Matt.

No comments: