Friday, December 17, 2010

2-4-6-8 !

The last day we can post a photo of the gang at ages 2,4,6,8!
Happy Birthday Emory! to quote a good friend of ours….

"If we didn’t have birthdays,
you wouldn’t be you.
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you do?
If you’d never been born,
well then what would you be?
You might be a fish!
Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a doorknob!
Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full of hard green tomatoes."

"Today you are you!
That is truer than true!
There is no one alive
who is you-er than you!
Shout loud, “I am lucky
to be what I am!
Thank goodness I’m not
just a clam or a ham
Or a dusty old jar of
sour gooseberry jam!
I am what I am! That’s a
great thing to be!
If I say so myself,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!”

Happy Birthday To You!: Copyright © 1959 by Theodor S. Geisel and Audrey S. Geisel. Copyright renewed 1987 by Theodor S. Geisel and Audrey S. Geisel

1 comment:

The Mommy said...

Happy Birthday, Emory! Love your friends, DeMille and Freeland! Hope you have a super fun day! xoxox