Friday, March 11, 2011

Lifts

I'm a planner. I can't help it. So when I was getting off the 6 man lift, I planned that everyone aboard with me would ski straight. With a variety of languages spoken on this Bavarian mountain, it seemed that everyone would simply adhere to the unwritten rules to "ski straight off the lift". Instead, some kid plowed into me from the left, leaving me spitting out snow and stumbling to straighten again as lift cars swirled over me.
Before we go back, notably, I need to refresh my German, French, and Austria's 'lingua franca'. I might also haul along a dry erase board, some markers, and a full diagram of the mountain....
Meanwhile, the girls had no trouble at all on the lifts, and really enjoyed the ride.

Matt on the 6 person lift with the girls, heading for slightly bigger runs.... 


No comments: