Sunday, July 17, 2011

Paintings for Sale on Stella's Blog

So, she did it. She asked for a blog. She asked for supplies. She hopes for a little income (which she'll need to continue restock her painting supplies).
We love that she's trying to be resourceful, use her talents, and is actually working for it.
Here's her first lot of paintings for sale, which she has completed on her own. There are more, drying on top of my freezer, and others which she intends to complete soon. Watching her work in both oil and acrylic is tricky. Mostly because we have to keep Arleigh occupied while she works. He's curious. It's dangerous business, not to mention difficult. Like most moms, I want to store all the glorious works of art my kids produce, from squiggles in crayon to canvases packed with paint representing work and sometimes a few tears.
I hope, for the sake of encouragement, that this goes well enough for her. (and well enough for me, that Arleigh doesn't break into the oil paints.) If not, certainly there will be lessons to learn all around.
In the meantime, here's her blog..
http://www.simply-stella.blogspot.com/
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Aloha Pete said...

Mandy,
I love what Bo Bella has done. I am curious about where she gets her ideas. I am debating on whether or not to buy the Stormy Weather Friends or Rainy Day Lady picture or wait to see what else she comes paints.

Pete

Mandy said...

She gets her ideas from reall random places- the fish were in France, the "Selma" she thought about after mixed media and something else online...it just depends. She'll eventually do more Im sure, but she tends to take a long time and then do a bunch at once.

nago said...

Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.




Oil Paintings For Sale