Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What I Expected in Paris

We've been there. So of course, when we took cousin Kelsey to Paris, what I thought we'd come home with were snapshots that looked a bit like this....


or this...

(that guy on the right, a street entertainer- was truly the coolest dude in Paris I tell you)

But I digress. I never, in my wildest dreams, imagined I'd come home with photos like this...
Inital reaction was to run over there and freak out. Screaming among the crowd to the kids 'Pigeons on you! Yucko! Do something!'
But the kids loved it. So I sat there. Took a few snapshots. Watched on as others took snapshots too.
A really magical time for them, ... I'm glad I didn't freak out instantly.
I've learned that kids wash up pretty well. 

 For Addie, it must have been like a dream come true. Since she was a toddler, she'd chase birds, gently holding out her hand to a sparrow in the park, or a pigeon on the street, hoping it'd come to land on her. She'd invision herself as Snow White, with bluebirds coming to her and joining her in song.

Ahh- Paris. Where dreams really do come true! I suppose one can never tell what might show up in the photos though eh?

No comments: