Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Call to Prayer

I'm about to do a major overshare of photos from our recent trip to Turkey. But as I reviewed photos, it seemed something was lost- that I failed to capture something about our experience there. Eventually I realized what was missing was something so interwoven and immersed into those scenes that it stayed with us. But no, it wasn't in pictures. It was sound. The sound of the call to prayer, from mosques all over Turkey, 5 times a day, every day. It woke us up at the break of dawn and put us to sleep late at night.


I've been trying to find the best way to layout all the pictures to share. I could post them by day, or by location, but instead  I think I'm going to post by 'experience'. Afterall, the trip was full of incredible experiences.

No comments: