Saturday, April 21, 2012

Turkish Rugs


They can take years to make and last for generations.
Quite by mistake, I landed our entire group in the business hall of a Turkish rug salesman. I was just snapping photos like these, when he noticed me and asked me to come inside “for a better picture”.

I resisted, stating that the rest of the party wouldn’t necessarily know where I had gone. But he insisted. Before we knew it, the kids were welcomed to play all over. They’d been given apple tea for a snack, in the middle of an intense game of hide-and-seek among the Turkish rugs and we were in the middle of negotiating rug prices






 Almost everyone was playing hide-and-go-seek.
Sometimes there are other, more important things to do, like find out what happens in the next chapter!
As for this chapter of our Turkish experience, we were lucky to have stumbled upon a solution for replacing our stolen rugs and we feel even luckier that it will go down in our family history as a fun, exotic, exciting, and special moment.

No comments: