Monday, April 29, 2013

Bluebell Forest Halle Belgium

Spring has finally sprung! Can I get an "Amen"?
The Hallerbos; Bluebell Forest Halle, Belgium
I love this forest in bloom. When people say 'it's enchanted' I have to agree. There no denying the trails lined with vibrant blue-violet blossoms, the wafting of the bluebell's intense perfume among the woods, and the meandering paths are all enchanting enough for an exceptional storybook. It's been a month now of single parenting and I needed a break. I needed an enchanting break.
So as to not miss this year's bloom, I dropped the kids at school and headed off for a couple hours of me time. No spa, no stylist, no shopping excursion needed here- nope, just a good pair of shoes and a backpack will fill the ticket for refreshment.  This might be my favorite place to just get lost!

 
 
 

1 comment:

scott davidson said...

What an interesting blog, introduced by a thought-provoking photo. The unusual wall painting of the dwellings is also a strangely modern interpretation. Something like this hieroglyphic view of a park by Swiss painter Paul Klee, http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LT475.
The image can be seen at wahooart.com who can supply you with a canvas print of it.